Orgrimmar Onion Rings and Dip
Thank you for traveling all the way to Azeroth for this delicious, easy, and addictive recipe! Lets get started shall we?
-2 large sweet onions - Peeled and cut into Rings
-1/2 cup buttermilk
DRY COAT MIX:
-1 3/4 cups flour
-1 teaspoon seasoning salt
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 pinch cayenne pepper
-2 tablespoons cornstarch
-1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (Panko crumbs are best)
-Oil (for frying)
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
-1/2 cup Mayo
-1 tablespoon Ketchup
-1 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
-1/2 teaspoon sugar
-1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bust out that DUTCH OVEN again.
- Pour about 2 inches of canola/veggie oil
- Heat over stove.
- Make sure oil is at about 350 degrees fahrenheit
- In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk and eggs
- Dip and coat the onion rings into the buttermilk mix
- Coat the onion rings in the dry coat mix
- Fry briefly in hot oil, turning once. Until GOLDEN BROWN.
- Pull out rings and place on plate with a napkin to soak any excess oil.
***DISCARD HOT OIL IN AN EMPTY GLASS JAR!! NOT DOWN THE DRAIN!!***
For the dip:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and chill before serving.
My Tastebuds just got Pwned! - Megs
***I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS OF PHOTOS FROM BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT***