First ever YOUTUBE video NOW UP! Presenting the Left 4 Dead Bacon Boomers and Bacon Smokers!!
Check it out and don't forget to subscribe!!
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Posted by -Megs- at 10:40 PM No comments:
Labels: bacon, food, games, l4d, left 4 dead, n00b, noob, noobs, tongue, tutorial, video, video games, youtube, zombie
Monday, December 19, 2011
Star Wars inspired "Leia Cinnamon Buns"
Star Wars inspired "Leia Cinnamon Buns"
I've always kind of wanted to eat her hair... ROFL!
Ooey Gooey Leia Cinnamon Buns!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Makes 12 servings
2 cans(8 Oz. Size, 10-count Each) Refrigerated Biscuit Dough
1/4 cupButter, Melted
1/4 cupPacked Brown Sugar
1 cupPowdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
2. Mix white sugar and brown sugar in a bowl (Leave powdered sugar for later)
3. Sprinkle a bit of flour on a cutting board or wax paper, then remove biscuits from cans and arrange to form a rectangle on the lightly floured surface (I had five rows of four biscuits).
4. Press biscuit dough together and roll out to create a 10×12 rectangle.
5. Brush melted butter on dough.
6. Sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar (The white and brown sugar mix).
7. Roll up tightly, starting at a long side.
8. Cut into 12 slices.
9. Tuck one slice into each of the muffin cups.
10. Bake for about 18–20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
11. When done, allow to cool slightly while you mix together the powdered sugar and milk.
12. Drizzle on top of the cinnamon rolls while still warm.
ENJOY AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
"My tastebuds just got pwned" -Megs
Cooking For Noobs
Zelda Zucchini Puffs
- A long long time ago, in a land far far away, there was a brave boy named Link. He had a magic sword that would slay all things evil. However, on days that Link wasn't fighting off the wicked, he would go to his favorite eating place and gorge on deliciously golden and crunchy Zelda Zucchini Puffs!
Okay I am not a great story teller, but I don't have to be because these Zucchini Puffs speak for themselves. Nothing is more delicious than fried stuff dipped in ranch dressing! These snacks are so easy to make and so delectable. Now lets get cookin and best of all EAT!
- Level: n00b
- Time: 20 Minutes
- Creates 6 Servings
- The Goods:
- -2 cups shredded zucchini
- -2 eggs
- -1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- -1 clove garlic, minced
- -1 1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- -salt and ground black pepper to taste
- -oil for frying
- -Ranch dressing for delicious dipping!
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, eggs, onion, and garlic. Blend in baking mix, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a cast iron pan (about 3 inches in depth) or deep fryer to about 375 degrees fahrenheit (You can get a cooking thermometer from the 99 cent store)
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until evenly brown and fluffy. Place puffs on paper towels to soak up excess oils. Sprinkle with salt before serving.
- Dip into ranch dressing if you do so desire
**IMPORTANT!!** DO NOT POUR LEFT OVER OIL DOWN THE DRAIN!! PLEASE DISCARD OIL IN A NON-RECYCLABLE CONTAINER, IDEALLY A CAN OR EMPTY JAR. AND THROW AWAY IN THE TRASH!**
"My taste buds just got Pwned!" -Megs
Cooking for Noobs
Posted by -Megs- at 12:29 AM 1 comment:
Labels: console, cooking, delicious, easy, evil, food, gamer, games, link, n00b, nerd, noob, puffs, pwned, slay, sword, taste, video games, zelda, zucchini
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Now I guess while cooking this super easy recipe, you can play the Tetris theme song in the background!
Tetris Tacos are super easy and super delicious!
~I wish they had multicolored taco shells on the market. That would make this recipe even geekier and legitimate!~
Time: 20 Minutes
Makes 12 Tetris Tacos
1 package of ANY taco seasoning (McCormick, Taco Bell, Old El Paso, Ortega, Etc.)
1 pound Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
3/4 cups water
Taco Shells or Small Soft Taco Tortillas (TRY BOTH)
Salsa or favorite hot sauce!
(Optional) 1/2 cup Chopped Onions and 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (Optional)
(Optional: Heat pan or skillet on medium-high heat, pour one tablespoon olive oil and chopped onions in pan. Cook and caramelize the onions until soft. Then continue to next step..)
1. In a large pan or skillet Brown the meat on Medium-High Heat. Drain fat into jar NOT DOWN THE SINK! (If you used the onions you do not need to remove them from pan, just mix with the beef.)
2. STIR in seasoning mix and 3/4 cup water.
3. Bring mixture to a BOIL. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally. While the taco mix cooks, you can chop any lettuce or tomatoes that you want to top the tacos with in the meantime.
4. Spoon mixture into taco shells or soft tortillas, pile on the toppings!!
***For extra "Tetris-y" goodness, heat up one can of refried beans. Take a soft tortilla and spread beans on one side. Take the hard taco shell and place it in the middle of the soft "bean-y" tortilla and let the beans act as a glue to stick to the hard shell. WINNING!***
"My taste buds just got PWNED!" -Megs
Cooking for Noobs
Posted by -Megs- at 12:11 PM No comments:
Labels: beef, conjuring, cooking, easy, gamer, kitchen, mexican, n00b, noobs, pwned, salsa, seasoning, taco, tetris, yum
Monday, June 6, 2011
Left 4 Dead Themed Snacks
Tonight to kick off our first recipe I will be helping you prepare 2 different finger foods for you to enjoy!
Inspired by the game Left 4 Dead
Both recipes include the most delicious quick cookin meat on the planet... BACON!
First recipe is the Bacon Boomer!
Inspired by the Boomer Zombies in game
Anyway to make these delicious snacks you will only need 30 minutes of your time:
- - 3 slices bacon
- - 8 portabellini mushrooms
- - 1 tablespoon butter
- - 1tablespoon chopped onion
- - 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- - 1/4 cup cream cheese
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, "splice" (Chop) and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Add Garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon, cheddar and cream cheese. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
6. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup and place stuffed boomers on sheet.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
8. Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and enjoy!
(They literally explode with flavor and juices.. just like the boomers.)
***TRY WITH FAVORITE HOT SAUCE FOR ADDED KICK .. Besides what's a zombie without the blood?!?***
The next recipe is something with a little more kick.
"Bacon Smokers" inspired by the Smoker Zombies.
The bacon that wraps around the jalapeno totally reminds me of the smoker tongue!
This recipe will only take 20 minutes of your time.
- - 1 (16 ounce) package Cheddar cheese
- - 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
- - 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- - 12 slices bacon
- *Optional* Latex or plastic gloves, jalapeno oils irritate skin.
- *Optional* Toothpicks
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Shred cheddar cheese, mix together with cream cheese. Scoop cheese mixture into the halves.
3. Slightly cook bacon in a deep pan, make sure the bacon is still flimsy enough to wrap around the jalapeno slices.
4. Wrap the jalapeno halves with the bacon slices, securing with a toothpick, if necessary. Place on a medium baking sheet that is lined with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
5. Broil 5 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon is evenly brown.
"MY TASTEBUDS JUST GOT PWNED!" - Megs
Enjoy and see you next time....
CHECK OUT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Cooking for Noobs YouTube
~Cooking for N00bs~
***I do not own the rights to any of the "Left 4 Dead" photos. These are merely shown as inspiration to my dish and all photo credit in regards to this game goes to Valve Corporation***
Posted by -Megs- at 8:57 PM No comments:
Labels: bacon, boomer, delicious, easy, explosion, finger food, gamer, left 4 dead, mouth, n00b, smoker, snack, tongue, video games
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)