Tonight to kick off our first recipe I will be helping you prepare 2 different finger foods for you to enjoy!
Inspired by the game Left 4 Dead
Both recipes include the most delicious quick cookin meat on the planet... BACON!
First recipe is the Bacon Boomer!
Inspired by the Boomer Zombies in game
Anyway to make these delicious snacks you will only need 30 minutes of your time:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, "splice" (Chop) and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Add Garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon, cheddar and cream cheese. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
6. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup and place stuffed boomers on sheet.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
8. Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and enjoy!
(They literally explode with flavor and juices.. just like the boomers.)
***TRY WITH FAVORITE HOT SAUCE FOR ADDED KICK .. Besides what's a zombie without the blood?!?***
The next recipe is something with a little more kick.
"Bacon Smokers" inspired by the Smoker Zombies.
The bacon that wraps around the jalapeno totally reminds me of the smoker tongue!
This recipe will only take 20 minutes of your time.
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Shred cheddar cheese, mix together with cream cheese. Scoop cheese mixture into the halves.
3. Slightly cook bacon in a deep pan, make sure the bacon is still flimsy enough to wrap around the jalapeno slices.
4. Wrap the jalapeno halves with the bacon slices, securing with a toothpick, if necessary. Place on a medium baking sheet that is lined with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
5. Broil 5 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon is evenly brown.
"MY TASTEBUDS JUST GOT PWNED!" - Megs
Enjoy and see you next time....
CHECK OUT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Cooking for Noobs YouTube
~Cooking for N00bs~
***I do not own the rights to any of the "Left 4 Dead" photos. These are merely shown as inspiration to my dish and all photo credit in regards to this game goes to Valve Corporation***
Post a Comment